Area Manager Job Description
ServiceMaster Clean believes not only in empowering people, but also in enabling them to succeed. By giving you the tools and training to develop, we increase your productivity and earnings, and enhance your dignity, self-respect, and worth.
Below are the expectations of being in a leadership role at ServiceMaster. If we focus on our responsibilities as a leader, we will be a successful business that team members know what to expect and appreciate the company they are employed.
- Show respect for employees and try to make their jobs easier to do, without doing it for them.
- Assist Operations Manager in determining staffing needs and working with HR to fill those needs.
- Must be able to conduct interviews for these positions and make hiring decisions.
- Understand policies, wage and pay agreements, clocking into a building, vacation, and absentee policies.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in client buildings. Follow up on all concerns in a timely way.
- Know the hourly budget for each building. Work with staff to ensure hourly budgets are adhered to.
- Provide monthly inspections of client’s buildings.
- Must be organized and have the ability to problem solve.
- Insure that all equipment is in good working order or is replaced if necessary.
- Delegate job responsibilities to supervisors/floaters on a daily basis.
- Document behavior problems with employees and have them sign the documentation for files and records, when necessary.
- Actively listen to employees when they come to you with problems.
- Accomplishing organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; looks for ways to add value to the job and serve the customers well.
- Team member’s hours will be monitored to stay within the allowed time on a weekly basis.
- Embrace change and be an ambassador for ServiceMaster.
- All team members need to be treated consistent and policy needs to be enforced equally.
- Must be able to administrate some HR responsibilities.
- Physically able to be on your feet during an entire shift; walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and crouching.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Background check required.
- You may be asked to deviate from your regular duties to help fulfill our client needs.
- Marketing experience a plus
Pay will be based on experience.
Built on a foundation of great brands and employees with a passion for service, our vision is to be the leading provider of essential services through empowered people, world-class customer service and convenient access. By joining ServiceMaster, you'll be part of a talented network of employees with a shared vision.
Our environment is a diverse community where successful people work together to achieve common goals.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a ServiceMaster Clean® franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to The ServiceMaster Company, LLC.